I've spent all evening trying to figure out why the hell some of the downloads off of this site were being corrupted. Neither firefox nor wget seemed to be affected, just Konqueror. I ended up turning off gzip/deflate on the file server vhost. After I cleared my local browser cache (took me at least 10 mins before I thought of that :-P) files started to download ok again.
If you download anything from my site and get a file that if gzipped when it wasn't supposed to be (eg tar inside gzip inside gzip) please let me know. It means I still have my server mis-configured.
© Copyright 2009-2011 John Mulligan
Every blog page or article on this site is available under the CC-BY-SA license unless otherwise noted.